Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Welcome to Digital Dance or Dunce!
This is the very first post-will there be more who knows....The reason I am here?
I have worked in social care for many a long year in a variety of roles e.g. direct care and support, management and staff development . I remain very motivated to support the drive for developing the best service we can.For the moment we are in lockdown and learning digital skills very very quickly for personal and professional reasons!! The change in working environment has it's upsides and downsides and the opportunity to learn new skills must be grabbed in order to make it work. The next step in this quest for me is the Scottish Social Services Council's '23 things Digital' which  begins now.
If you haven't already, please do take a look at SSSC website and have a look at 23 Things Digital for yourself. We all need to adapt to the environment around us and make our knowledge and skills current  and flexible to provide the best service for those who access it. 
I have worked in social care more years than I wish to admit to and have seen so much change in terms of policy and practice in support and care. I have always been up for change, innovation and developing my practice but the older I get the more challenged I am by it if I am absolutely truthful-which I am for the avoidance of doubt! so what I have learned in the process of doing my first blog today? I can procrastinate with the best of them....but I can push myself too. Will I be able to digitally dance or will I be the digital dunce? Time will tell I suppose, but just now I'm jus
So, be brave.......

No comments:

Post a Comment